Cleansing, toning and moisturising should be the basic skincare routine that you are using. But my advice is that you need to go a little deeper into what your skin needs. That means adding in serums, oils, eye creams and masks.
I’ve already gone through my favourite cleansers, so here are my current favourite vegan toners and serums. They all work differently, so keep in mind that your skin may not agree with some of these, but as I’ve said, it’s all about trial and error to get the best routine you can. Since I suffer from sensitive skin and redness I tend to keep to toners that treat those issues. With serums, that’s where you get to experiment!
My Favourite Vegan Toners and Serums
- Pixi Rose Toner – This is a really gentle toner, perfect if you have sensitive skin.
- Paulas Choice Redness relief Toner – Perfect if you suffer from rosacea or any redness.
- Evolve beauty superfood serum – This helps with discolouration, texture and wrinkles. Yeah I said wrinkles, I’m coming up to my mid 30’s and antiageing is essential to add to your skincare routine. Even if it’s just an all-around serum like this one.
- Evolve beauty hyaluronic acid Serum – You need hyaluronic acid in your skincare routine. Trust me. It will help to hydrate and plump your skin, something we all need more of.
- Super greens serum – I’ll be honest, this smells disgusting. But in spite of that, I’ve been using it every day since I got it and my skin feels amazing. It’s full of vitamin C and helps calm redness. Anything that can help boost the antioxidants in your skin is a winner!
- Rose Superfood oil – This oil smells amazing. Rose oil combined with almond oil will leave your complexion looking brighter. My skin always feels extra luminous when I use this.
- Orglamic Serum Mist – I LOVE this serum. Ok, anything that is a mist is generally going to win my affection but this serum packs a punch too. With an infusion of prickly pear oil (my new favourite beauty item, full review/love letter coming soon) it will leave your skin plumped, hydrated and glowing. It’s perfect for travelling as you can spritz throughout the day.
- Voya serum – My little hero is an apt name for this serum. It has more oils in it than I can list and it’s essential if you are looking for something to calm and hydrate your skin. Jojoba, pomegranate and rosehip oil make sure this serum is super hydrating whilst pumpkin seed oil and lavender oil help calm the skin.