Brix Smith Start is a fashion whirlwind to be reckoned with, so when I was invited to Interview her about SS14 catwalks of course I said yes! I have always admired her style and attitude, and her love of a good red lippy.
1. You’ve worked in the fashion industry for years, is there a specific designer’s show you particularly look forward to?
I always look forward to Christopher Kane, Roksanda Ilincic, Erdem and Meadham Kirchhoff, in the UK. Internationally I look forward to seeing Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Comme des Garcons.
2. For SS pastel and white are everywhere, I know you personally favour edgy and black, but what do you think of the pastel trend?
It’s feminine and fresh, easy on the eye and chic in the right circumstances i.e. when worn in an old-school Riviera, country-side vibe.
3. What are your 5 must have pieces for SS?
A Roksanda Ilincic dress, they’re so ladylike but colourful. A Sophie Hulme structured bag in deep navy, with a chain across the front. Sophia Webster multi-coloured flat espadrilles. A paper thin cashmere t-shirt and a new hair-cut.
4. What do you predict is the next big designer to watch out for?
Internationally, I think Roksanda is about to be uber successful and the creative and conceptual one to watch is J.W.Anderson.
5. What trend will you be buying into for SS?
I will be wearing white.
Brix Smith-Start is supporting Lenor’s Forever Fashion campaign which is encouraging the UK to re-wear their favourite clothes more often. With its improved formula Lenor helps clothes last longer so you can enjoy wearing them every day. Visitwww.facebook.com/LenorUKandIre for Brix’s top tips on caring for your favourite clothes as well as her expert advice on how to style these items for every occasion.
Looks like Brix and I have the same idea for SS, white all the way and you already know how I feel about new hair <3